Monday, September 10, 2007

The T-Shirt Has Started It's Voyage

September 10, 2007




Hi everyone...

This blog has been created to track the progress of an experiment called "The Life of a T-Shirt". The Idea here, is to find out exactly how long a t-shirt will last if it undergoes continuous wear. I plan to find this out. The deciding factor that the t-shirt no longer counts as a t-shirt will be when I enter a public establishment such as a Macdonald's, or Mac's Milk, and an employee asks me to put on a proper shirt if I wish to be served. This could very well take a long time.

I placed the t-shirt upon my back a few minutes ago. Shortly after that I started this blog. I'm not sure how much actual interest there is, but I plan to keep this blog up to date, complete with pictures and some video entries as well. I hope this is a successful experiment. Check back!

-Ben

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ben! I'm leaving you this comment to show you that I have interest in your t-shirt adventure!

Donwaldo said...

I also whole-heartedly support this fine venture

Thomas Covenant said...

I hate to open a pandora's box, but exposure to sunlight when drying might be a worthwhile boundary condition; just as powerful as washing.

Ben Eagan said...

Could you elaborate... are you saying I should not allow my shirt to see sunlight while drying? I am OK with this, unless i need to go somewhere while it is still wet which requires a shirt.

Thomas Covenant said...

I am glad to see you following your categorical imperative, so thanks for taking my suggestion. The sun is quite relentless but on saying that, maybe the sun would have been more of primary factor in the summer; and could be ignored as a factor for the winter months(ie; machine wash#1, wrestling#2, physical ecertion #3, sun#4? . . . orgami#99.) Nonetheless, putting a fan on your shirt when drying would help you stay true to your parameters.
Good luck.

InternationalManofMystery said...

Ok Ben. Even before the shirt incident started you were like a son to me. (Sorry but this is a new audience so old jokes are ok)

I am currently in Germany spreading the word of the shirt amongst other things. The Hoff and the locals send their best.

Does the tshirt Thomas Covenant have a white gold ring or is this a coincidence?

Tomorrow I go to Albert's (as in mcc) home town. I thought you Physice people should be aware of this quest.

Next year I want Ben's shirt experiment to involve light speed in some way.

My last thinking is that I wish Ben tryied this before moving out as the laundry impact would be sweet.

Go long boy!!!! This is a new chapter in the Eagan grpahic novel.

Thomas Covenant said...

Life is funny . . . I used to have a white gold ring, but I don't wear it. Like most things, involves a Quest of some sort.

Nothing directly to do with a shirt but I recommend David Bodanis's book "E=mc*2" and website. It's looks at how the war/personalities/paradigm shifts influenced the development of the equation. Heisenberg - in his pursuit for pure plutonium -had much dirty laundry in his life (from the perspective of the american author).
Hope the shirt is doing well!!